Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Our Apartment Guest

Here's a great close-up of our little friend.

Yesterday Ryan and I were sitting in our living room watching T.V., when I saw something moving on the floor. When I looked closer I discovered that it was this little tiny lizard, that was actually pretty cute. Pretty cute, but nevertheless I still didn't really want it running around our house, pooping on the carpet, and reeking all sorts of other havoc. (We all know how lizards are, partying with their lizard friends, making messes and not cleaning up after themselves, playing loud music, and on and on!) So Ryan concocted a plan. He would block it on one side and I would block the hallway and we would force the lizard outside. Well, the plan really didn't work. Ryan tried to shoo him out the door, but he crawled under the entertainment center. So this morning Ryan started running water to take a shower. A couple minutes later he went to get in and found none other than our lizard friend in the tub struggling for dear life. Ryan went and got a bowl and coaxed him into it. Once he got inside the bowl he passed out from all the struggle and probably from fear and then peed all over inside the bowl. (The lizard that is, not Ryan.) Quite a dramatic story really. When Ryan went outside this morning to see if the lizard was where he'd left him he wasn't there, so I guess our lizard friend is once again roaming in the wild and living happily ever after, precious!

I wanted to include this picture to show you just how tiny this little guy was. If you look at the carpet, you can see a small speck that looks like a stain, that's the lizard.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let everybody know that I'm okay. Was it scary having a serpent-like reptile in the house? yes. Was removing it a traumatic experience? yes. Did my life flash before my eyes? yes. Did i buckle under the pressure? no. I got that lizard outta there without any harm...just a little pee on the coaxing bowl. So again, I'm okay and let's just hope that the lizard has found its family and is safe.

Warmest Regards,
Ryan

the mrazek family said...

I was going to comment on the lizard (which was adorable), but I think this needs to be addressed. Wy Wy, you are the man of the house and you can't be frightened by a widdle wizard...need I say more? Wus.

With all my love,
Juli (his older sister)

Kara said...

Okay, that would creep me out! Did you scream like a little girl when you found it in the shower? I would've! So weird that the little thing peed in that bowl. Gross. I'm glad you got him outta there.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the lizard has a blog page. I'd like to hear his account of being in the shower with Ryan. p.s. See you guys Thursday!! I'll call you tomorrow (Wednesday)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you clarified who it was that peed in the bowl. Good job Ryan.

Gracie J said...

Those lizards do get crazy. As much as I like them, I would not want one in the tub with me while I was taking a bath. At least he wasn't running a nice bubble bath only to find something crawling around in there with him. That would have been SICK! As much as he wanted to be a part of the Mills family, I bet he's glad to be once again roaming the streets of El Cajon like the little tramp he is!