Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Better than the gecko!

I want to first start out by saying that I truly dislike commercials, especially since Tivo came to our house. I have gotten very used to fast forwarding right over them. I must say though that there are a few commercials that are so hilarious. The funniest of them all is the new commercial for Geico with the giant cabbage patch doll. The two reasons that I love it are 1. Cabbage Patch Kids were pretty much my favorite thing ever as a little girl. I adored them and thought they were so cute and always wanted one for Christmas. They definetly hold a special place in my heart. 2. It is friggin' hillarious! In case you haven't seen it and have missed out on it, I put a link so that people can take a look.
Side note: When I did a search for pictures of cabbage patch kids, I found a website of a lady that has only pictures of dolls. She actually makes doll clothes and then has them model the clothes and sells them. Super creepy! The caption that she put below the picture above was:
"Tennis anyone? - Graham is modelling a white hand knit sweater By Elaine with three cable feature design on front and yellow and blue trim on v-neck, sleeves and hem. The white makes a nice contrast and brightens up whoever needs a new outfit. Graham is wearing the sweater with a white t-shirt with blue turtleneck to coordinate with Sweater. Sweater is $15, t-shirt is $7. Graham is going high class all the way with his velveteen shorts with cuffs - $10." If you care to take a look at her website, here's the link for that also:

2 comments:

jocelyn said...

Oh my gosh I just went to crazy lady's website. Poor little soul. The first picture I clicked on had a description that said "Pudding Pop is wearing an orange fairisle sweater". She named the doll Pudding Pop! What the crap? Who buys these clothes and what are they buying them for...their own doll collections or their own teeny children? I don't get it.

Gracie J said...

I guess our sister beat me to being the first poster on this. I wanted to let you know that the commercial is funny, that Cabbage Patch Dolls were also my fondest desire when I was about eight (even though I don't remember really liking any other dolls) and that the woman who names all of her dolls and makes clothes for them is so very weird that I'm scared for our civilization. I wish we were still there visiting. We loved it!!!