I really was lauging in this picture, because Ryan told me to do a 3/4 turn profile, like a kid in a school picture. As you can all plainly see though, the headband is truly stunning!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
My Trusty, Old Friend
I have had a trusty, old friend for many years now. This friend has stuck by me through good times and bad, come rain or shine, happy or sad...I'm pretty sure you all get the idea! This friend is not a living person, but a thing. It may be only a thing, but I love it! It is my stretchy headband, which I use to keep my hair back while washing my face. It is magenta in color and I'm pretty sure it's been around since about 1990. (hence the magenta color) I have been using it, since about 1998ish. The really gross thing is, that I'm fairly to completely certain that it's never been washed. (Unless someone snuck it into the washer without my knowledge, which is highly unlikely at best.) Very odd for me, considering I'm very aware of germs and making sure that things I wear are clean. Anyway, I feel that if I wash it there's a chance it could shrink and it's been perfectly stretched over these many years to fit my head. I have a number of other headbands, but I always have to use this headband when I wash my face. Even when I go on a trip, the headband comes with me. I can't explain the reasoning behind this, it just is. I hope that my friend and I never have to part ways, because if so it will be a very, very sad day in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
VERY stylish! Maybe it would be worth something on E-bay....1990's almost makes it antique!
If you only use it to push bach your hair when you wash your face, I don't think it's all that gross that you have never washed it. But that's just me.
Oh my goodness!! I have a similar friend . . . only it is a good old fashioned scrunchy that I use for washing my face at night. We once saw a show on top lame trends of the 80's or 90's or whenever my scrunchy was in its heyday and scrunchies were like #1 on the list!! Mike has mocked me ever since. He also says that he knows all fun for the evening is over once he sees me off to put my scrunchy in.
Isn't it funny how we hang on to certain stuff? What a funny post. And I think the photo was absolutely essential in the post. I get a kick out of you taking it even on trips. I wash my face at night maybe twice a year. Sometimes I use a baby wipe. You have inspired me. I do remember you having gorgeous skin....
Comment about SYTYCD: That Chelsea girl does look cross-eyed! Some of my friends and I were watching last week and we kept saying how there was something about her that didn't look right. They mentioned her eyes being a little too far apart. Her partners name is Thayne. I think he has a good chance of going home tonight too. He has THE biggest mouth ever! Don't you think?
And I have it's twin...the mint green headband and I use it to wash my face and I'm also a germaphobe (as we know) and I'm fairly sure it has also never been washed. FUNNY!
I've never seen the famous headband, but I'll look for it when your in town next.
I used to used a bandanna that I rolled up and tied on. I got it at girl's camp and it lasted for years. Until the ends of it shredded and then I folded it it other way, until the other corners wore out.
BTW, you have a great background, where did you find it?
Post a Comment