Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Feel so Ashamed!

I decided to put a music player on my blog last night. So I was trying to think of songs that I wanted to put on it. I've heard this song on the radio a few times and I really liked it. However, I had no idea what the title of the song was or who sang it. After doing some online research (one of my favorite things to do!) I came to find out it was Jesse McCartney that sang it. I was utterly shocked! He's that total teeny bopper guy, that sang this song. I decided not to put the video for his new song on here, because I watched it and it was rather scandalous. Apparently he's trying to appeal to more of an adult/hip-hop audience. If you're interested in hearing it, it's the first song on my music player on the right side of my blog. I mostly enjoy the fact that the music sounds like a video game, stupid yet true! Anyone out there besides me have a guilty pleasure song? In other words, a song that you are embarassed to admit you like? If so, fess up and share what it is.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, fine, I'll admit it, I love that Jason Mraz/Colbie Cailliet song that sings "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend . . . blah blah blah." I never dare admit it because I know it sounds like thee cheesiest song ever and probably makes some folks want to barf. i can't help it though, so there.

Nancy said...

I just listened to some of your play list. I forgot how I love that old Frente song. Also, yes, I could picture me on some cool video game gobbling up little dots or something cool like that as I listened to your guilty pleasure song. Plus, now I just remembered another guilty favorite. It is by SHakira of all people and it is that "Whenever, Whereever" song. It has a cool beat but for some reason she mentions her breasts being small and that is a weird lyric line, so that is why I can't admit it to people.

Why am I telling you all this anyway. I guess 'cause you asked and I finally felt free to shout out the truth to someone. I will probably have to keep coming back and admitting more shameful secrets about myself because it is so liberating (like yes, I do enjoy the occasional US magazine).

Ryan said...

I should add that Melissa likes to do a wacky robot dance to the beat of that song...even as she's driving down the highway going 70 mph.

I don't have any guilty pleasure songs, but I know a guy that loves Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" song.

Kara said...

I actually really like the Jesse McCartney song and knew it was him singing it. That probably makes it even worse for me. This is a different version than the one they played in Tucson. The one they played was acoustic from when he visited the station there.
I have too many songs I like that I'm sure others would be embarrassed to admit to.

Anonymous said...

Cat Deeley just ate Jessie. Lets all have a moment of silence...

Gma Mills said...

As the oldest person ever to write on this blog, here is a bit of antiquity. When I was young (hush up Ryan), I really liked the Beatles, Beach Boys, etc. But,I would NEVER admit that what I really loved was all the songs written by Rogers and Hammerstein. My mother owned all of their albumns. (Yes. that would be 33 1/3's.) I had memorized all the words to the songs of the musicals and didn't share that bit of info with my friends.