Sunday, September 28, 2008
Weekend Update
This has been a really lovely weekend. Friday was great, because this young fella in our ward was kind enough to fix my car. My poor little car is so sad and old, but it has served me well. He fixed the shocks, because my car was super bouncy. Okay if I was planning to be in a Snoop Dogg video, but since that's not on my to do list we got it fixed. Taylor (the young fella, about ready to serve his mission) fixed our car and only wanted to charge us for the parts, which he went out and purchased for us. He spent about 3 hours working on it. Isn't that so nice of an 18 year old guy to do something like that, especially free of charge? I thought so, what a sweet husband he'll make someday. Also, Friday was deemed ultimate burrito night at the Mills house. Ryan made this salsa and I made homemade tortillas and we had the world's best burritos! I'm not even kidding, they were seriously so good. Chips and fresh salsa are pretty much my favorite thing to eat on earth, so I was loving life! Ryan and I both decided that we should do that more often. Then on Saturday I went to the General Relief Society Broadcast for my church. It was really uplifting for me. All the speakers were excellent. I especially loved Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk about not comparing ourselves to others, but using whatever talents we posses to make someone else's life better. I also love his accent, very charming. Today some of our friend's from church had us over. The husband won this pizza party on the radio (we called it a pizza gathering since we did it on a Sunday!) and they had all kinds of great food there for us to eat. Tonight we are having the missionaries over for dinner and I made this cheesecake. I already taste tested it and it's pretty dang good and was also easy to make. I figure if I can use any talent to make someone's life better, it mine as well be baking! Good food, spending time with my honey and being spiritually uplifted, can't think of anything that could have made this weekend any better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also enjoyed the conference. Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was so positive and uplifting. Glad I went too. The burritos sound great. I'm looking forward to my visit! Burritos would be nice!
totally agree on what makes a good weekend! all that food sounded amazing. wished i was there to share!!! :)
Post a Comment