Friday, February 6, 2009

A visit from Gran Jan


Addy and me hanging outside the aquarium

We thought these seahorses at the aquarium were really cute!







Addy and Gran just taking a stroll around the park


Our little family! Addy's face looks like she just sucked a lemon, but this was really the best picture of all 3 of us.



When we went to Coronado we had lunch at Panera. I ordered tomato soup and Addy wanted to share, thus the red moustache.

My mom came to visit us last weekend and we very much enjoyed her being here. We were able to do lots of fun stuff in the short time that she was here. Some of the things we did were...
*Have a nice, homemade belated birthday dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday.
*Go to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. It was an awesome place. It was an aquarium, a museum and there was also the most lovely view of the beach when we stepped outside. I would highly recommend it to anyone coming to visit.
*Walk around Coronado island and play at the park.
*Ryan and I were able to go on a date and see, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". I really, really enjoyed it. For me, it was a real tear jerker! I don't think Brad Pitt is the best actor, but I thought he did well in this role. It definitely had some Forrest Gumpish undertones to it, but by no means was it the same story.
*Do some shopping and eating out.
The only sad part of the trip, was that Sunday morning my mom got totally sick with some kind of stomach bug and was laid up all day Sunday. Poor lady! One of the worst things in the world is being sick when you're away from home. We loved having her here and always look forward to having people come visit. We love you mom!

5 comments:

Kara said...

How fun! I loved the aquarium. It has some really cool things to see.

Jan Jones said...

Thanks Liss. What a fun time. Just thinking of Addy makes me smile. Love and miss you all!

Angie Larkin said...

I laughed when I saw Mariah Carey's HONEY on your playlist. I love that song. It is one of the songs that Nic always used to remind me I am NOT black. To which I reply...yes I am.

andrea said...

I love the picture inside the shark (megladon?). I am jealous of the weather. We got a foot of snow over the past few days.

i said...

i loved that aquarium when i visited. it's so neat that you live soo close to the places i visit when i go on vacation! :)