For quite some time now I've wanted to go on a dinner cruise on the bay. Ryan received an award at work and one of the prize options was a dinner cruise for 2 on the bay, so we got to do the cruise for free. Ryan booked a hotel room in downtown San Diego at the Hyatt where we stayed overnight after the cruise, which also had a beautiful view of the bay. We really appreciated Mardel staying overnight with Addy. It was the first time I'd ever been away from Addy overnight and let me tell you, it's something I'd like to do more often. Ryan and I agreed that it was so nice and relaxing.
The only part that wasn't relaxing was the altercation Ryan had with our pedicab driver. We decided to take a pedicab from the hotel to our cruise ship, it was something neither of us had ever done before and we thought it would be fun. We made the mistake of just hopping into this cab drivers seat, without asking him how much he charged. The ride ended up being about 10-15 mins. long. So when we arrive at the boat he tells us it's going to be $20................wait for it.......per person! WHAT? So in other words $40 for a 15 min. ride. Ryan was not about to pay him that much. So an argument ensued right there in front of the boat. Something about theft of service, he was going to call the cops if we didn't pay him his $40. I kind of blocked most of it out. All I kept thinking was, "This is so embarrassing" over and over again. So Ryan finally ended up giving him $20 total and the guy was so ticked! But we didn't really care, we just wanted to go and enjoy our bay cruise. And enjoy it we did! Lots of funny people go on these kinds of cruises. Including the DJ. A lady DJ who was wearing a plaid mini skirt with tights and a backwards newsboy cap and weighed approximately 250 lbs. We ate, we drank Martinelli's, (AKA Mormon champagne) we chatted and you can bet your bippy that we did The Electric Slide. I couldn't believe that Ryan actually got out on the dance floor with me, but I was very glad he did. We had a blast and enjoyed being there, just the two of us. It was a happy birthday, indeed!
The two of us on the boat
"When the lights go down in the city....
and the sun shines on the bay." (Gotta love Journey!)
Our pedicab driver and his Charger windbreaker
Our view of the bay from our hotel room
Look at these two, messy faced girls, so cute!








5 comments:
What a fun birthday! I can't believe you had never left Addy overnight before. It's definitely a much needed thing! The cruise sounded so entertaining, as did the account of Ryan's altercation. I need to look into a dinner cruise...
Wow, I didn't realize you got to stay overnight...away from babies! YAY! How fun! Glad you guys had a good time. Enjoy those thirties! :)
I love the sunset picture of the two of you. Note to self: beware of pedicabs.
you failed to mention your favorite gift you received...which was personal preference, right? also, i believe you failed to mention why addy is wearing that hat? haha it's really cute.
ps- my word verification is "cheat". as in, "melissa likes to cheat when she plays personal preference".
Great pictures Melissa...It was such a fun weekend. I look forward to coming down again. Miss little Miss Adeline. Love the pic with the cap on!
Post a Comment