Sunday, February 10, 2008

Messy Dressy!

Okay, so the title is a bit lame! I know my sister Jocelyn will find it punny though. We have had a couple of messy incidences in the past couple of days, which is mainly why I chose the title. The first one happened on Friday night when we went to See's and Ryan was carrying Addy in the baby carrier. The carrier we have is the type where the baby is strapped on to your front. He ate a toffee candy and didn't realize that while he was eating it, he was getting it all over the front of Addy. When we got home we realized that she had it all over her shirt, neck and chest. The second incident happened at church today. Addy was being rather fussy the last hour of church, so I stood up with her and then sat back down again. When I sat down with her she started getting really gassy and fussy. So once again I stood up and a girl that was sitting nearby alerted me that I had poop all down the front of me. For some reason she tends to have accidents like this a lot of the time when we're at church. Luckily I had a change of clothes for her and unluckily no change of clothes for myself, so I had yellow poop all over the front of me! Good times!
P.S. I just wanted to let Kara know that it's February and it was 83 degrees here today! Is that a good enough sales pitch for you guys to move here?

BEFORE


















AFTER


















9 comments:

Kara said...

Oh.My.Gosh. And your skirt was white! Funny though, how messy of an eater Ryan is :)
P.S. That was a great sales pitch Melissa. Even though you really don't have to do too much selling to make us want to move there. It was 77 here in Tucson today. Very nice!

the mrazek family said...

The title reminds me of Garbage Pail kids, Messy Jessy. Very punny.

We spill on Max all the time so don't feel bad.. We started laying a napkin accross him when we eat.

I admit I laughed out loud at the poop photo when I saw it. I feel bad for you! But, yeah, I laughed. It's classic. Does that mean you smelled like poo all day?

Still laughing...

Lara said...

Melissa,

Oh the joys of motherhood, that is usually how it is, they make messes and the worst times. At least you have a good sense of humor!

Lara

Kelly said...

I'm sorry that I am laughing at you, but this was funny.
First, we know that Ryan was really feeding Addy toffee. He just was saying he dropped it on her.
Second, the poop story....soooo funny-sorry! I guess you will have to start bringing a change of clothes for yourself too. It's funny that someone else had to tell you the poop was all over you. My guess is that the stinkiness of it probably smelled like Ryan, so you didn't even think it might be all over you!

Katrina said...

It seems like we are always wearing white when our kids make their biggest messes! Oh the joys of being a mom.

jocelyn said...

I love that Ryan was totally slobbering toffee all over her and didn't even notice. I'm sad for you about the poop though.

Jami said...

Hey Mills, my wife found your link through Chris and Jen's. She saw your comment and asked if I knew you. How has it been? Its been a along time. Check out our blog at spencerandjami.blogspot.com I am trying to get a good list of people from this mission so if you know of anymore, let me know so I can link them.

Spencer Pitts

andrea said...

That's gross, I love it! I haven't had much poop leak on me, only a couple of times at home in my pj's. My baby prefers to occasionally throw up the breast milk she had an hour earlier.

Gracie J said...

At least she's just so very cute in the picture where she's wearing Ana's old dress. She looks like she may be thinking, "Little does my mom know, I'm going to crap all over her at church!" And tell Juli that "Messy Jessy" is NOT funny because that's what Ryan tries to call me even though I'm not the least bit "Messy". Why on earth was Ryan making such a mess with that See's chocolate? Speaking of messy...