Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lawnmower Man

This is the third day in a row that someone has been right outside our apartment window (we live on the bottom floor) doing some manner of noisy lawn stuff. I am glad that the maintenance staff of our complex want to do such a nice job of maintaining things, but it always seems to fall during Addy's nap time. Sometimes I just want to go outside with a frying pan in my hand and scream, "Be quiet, don't you know my baby's trying to sleep in here!" It wouldn't make a difference though, because I'm sure they wouldn't hear me over all their noisy machinery!

4 comments:

Lara said...

I am with you on that one Melissa! Welcome to my world! It is the same way at our apartment! Right outside Dallin's window around his nap time is obviously the most convinient time for them to maintain the hideous shrubs outside! Ugh!

Kara said...

Be glad you don't live where we live. They have been remodeling since we moved here in JUNE! We would wake up in the morning to hammering and banging over our heads because they were fixing the roof. Then we'd hear them below us and next door working on the apartments. This wasn't even all at the same time. So we had to endure banging for months because they did each thing separately!

Jenny said...

I swear, this is just a cruel, cruel fate for napping babies. This always happens to us.

Gracie J said...

Things like that always happen at the most inconvenient times...like mom & dad's neighbors who have the lawn guy come on Sunday afternoons, right when we're eating dinner. They were fixing my roof at about 7 a.m. on Friday morning, when I had the day off and was home trying to sleep in. Nothing more annoying in all the world!