Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ode to my Friends in the Blogosphere

Ryan likes to refer to my obsessive need to blog as "the blogosphere", hence the title. I just wanted to express how genuinely happy I am to have made new blogosphere friends. Not like the kind of happy you are when your Grandma gives you the ugliest shirt you've ever laid eyes on for Christmas and you have to fake like you're happy (this did really happen to me, BTW!), but truly happy! I have reconnected with friends that I haven't seen in a very long time, (Becca and Miriam) and a friend who was never really my friend, but was a very good friend of my older sister (Nancy). I would like to tell these friends why I am so excited to have found them again, in no particular order.

Becca
:
We had the most fun in our early college days. Some of my best memories from my first year of college were doing fun things with you. (e.g. our first ever road trip to Fresno where you were so nervous to call the man who is now your husband and we drove with a gas can in the trunk of the car, how dumb were we!) Everyone likes to be around you, because you have one of the funnest personalities ever! You also have such a great, strong testimony of the gospel. Your family also happens to be one of the best families ever. Whenever I walked into their house I could feel the spirit in such a strong way and I always loved that!

Miriam: The best part of the year that I lived in Albuquerque, NM was being friends with you. You are so talented at so many things. You are one of the most non-phony people I have ever met. You also have a great sense of humor and are always willing to serve other people. I still remember seeing a piece of paper hanging on the mirror in your room that said God 1st, Others 2nd, Myself 3rd. That is truly how you live your life! I have great memories of EFY, my visit to Albuquerque for your h.s. graduation ("It's on account of the finger.") and of course your infamous cousin, whose name I will not mention at this time! You have been through some major trials in life, but have held strong to your beliefs. I love you for that!

Nancy: You are a great writer and are extremely funny. From knowing you a bit, from hearing Jess talk about you and from reading your blog I know that you are also very humble and non-pretentious. You are a great example to other people in the way that you live your life.

Hopefully all of this wasn't too sappy, for some reason I feel like being a bit sentimental at the moment. I'm sure that, if nothing else the 3 people I wrote about will enjoy it! I appreciate all the friends and family that read my blog and think you're all wonderful!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Melissa, you are now my new favorite person!! Thanks. I loved that you prefaced how happy you were by telling us it was not the kind of happy that you have to act when you get a horible present. Although, that would be pretty cool if that is how you felt!

I totally know what you mean though, it has been so fun to connect with people and getting little things to laugh at or to relate to from old friends or siblings of friends, etc.

Kara said...

My grandma made the hat for Hallie. She also has a matching scarf, but it a bit too big for her right now.

Becca said...

Oh Melissa, I feel the same way. It is sooo fun to be connected with you again!!! We do have some fun memories together..that road trip will always stand out. We were young, silly, dumb, but oh did we have fun... About the gas can...all I can say is that's its good to be prepared, right?!?! ;) Wow it's a good thing we've grown up a bit huh!?!!? I Love you!!!

Gracie J said...

Oh...I love my friend Nancy and my sister Melister. You two are the best.

I'm glad you all love to live in blogosphere so I can keep up with what is going on elsewhere.