Sunday, March 2, 2008

Peanut Butter+Chocolate=Good!


Okay, so yet again I find myself writing a post about a dessert! Pretty sad, really! However, these chocolate peanut butter bars I tried out tonight were way good. I suppose that I should have taken a picture before I devoured half of one row of the pan. Yeah, that's right I ate the whole row solo! Ryan was at a meeting, so I couldn't blame it on him and Addy doesn't have any teeth or the proper head control to eat these delicious treats! I unfortunately have both the teeth and proper head control. Let me tell you though, they are delightful and also quite simple to make!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup p.b.
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
Frosting:
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. softened butter
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars. Blend in egg, p.b., baking soda, salt and vanilla. Then stir in flour and oatmeal. Spread in a 9 by 9 greased pan. Bake for 20 mins. Spread a thin layer of p.b. on top of bars while they are still a little warm. Let cool and then spread chocolate frosting on top.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Anything peanut butter and chocolate is pretty much delish!

Jenny said...

These are my two favorite things! I will be making these soon!

Jenny said...

What kind of pbutter do you use, BTW?

The San Diego Mills said...

I personally used jif and also Albertson's generic brand WIC p.b.

the mrazek family said...

No wonder they're so good...sugar, sugar, butter... yummo!

Gracie J said...

They DO look delightful. Let me tell you that I'm really glad that you have teeth and proper head control. Because most adults who don't have either of those things are on meth!