Saturday, March 22, 2008

The taste is gonna move ya!

Pictures of the Juicy Fruit of yesteryear and today!

Last weekend somehow Ryan and I got on the topic of Juicy Fruit gum. I'm not sure why or how we began discussing this deep topic, but we did. We wondered does Juicy Fruit even still exist? Much to our delight, it does! When I went to Albertson's the other day as I was standing in the check-out line there it was in all its glory, a pack of Juicy Fruit gum. Of course I had to buy it for Ryan. (Upon chewing it he remembered that the flavor lasts for about 2 minutes!) I explained the whole thing to the cashier who was checking me out and I'm pretty sure she thought I was a complete moron! Besides having a conversation about Juicy Fruit, Ryan and I decided to go to You Tube and watch Juicy Fruit and other classic 80's commercials. It was so much fun and I would recommend that anyone reading this do the same. It made me all nostalgic and brought back memories from my childhood. And yes, I did just write an entire post dedicated to Juicy Fruit gum, pretty sad! If you would care to see a classic 80's Juicy Fruit commercial click here. I am forewarning you though, the cheese factor on this is extremely high!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I loved that commercial when I was younger. THanks for sharing it with me. :)

Gracie J said...

Oh that's funny! That's one thing I hadn't forgotten about Juicy Fruit was that the flavor doesn't last very long. I think it's been trumped by Orbit.

the mrazek family said...

Too funny. I watched the commercial and I think my favorite part is when the guys smells the package and looks at it like it's gold. I totally remember it.