Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Breakfast for dinner

I really love almost all types of breakfast foods. I love waffles, muffins, bacon, juice and especially any type of potato related product. The only breakfast food I don't like are eggs of any sort, BLECK! (it all stems back to an egg salad sandwich incident from my childhood, but that's a story for a different time) I am a huge fan of eating breakfast for dinner, which is something we do at least once every other week. Last night we did the breakfast for dinner thing and I thought I'd share a really good pancake recipe that I have. I am normally more of a waffle girl, but these pancakes are truly wonderful! Fluffy, melt in your mouth and they have great flavor to them. The only thing I don't like about the recipe is you have to buy a whole entire can of pumpkin and use only 1/3 cup of it in the recipe. My solution to this dilemma is that I will be making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sometime later in the week. Nice, huh? Come to think of it, these pancakes would be good with chocolate chips in them too, maybe next time. Without further ado, here's the recipe:

Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes
2 1/3 cups Bisquick
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 eggs
Heat griddle or skillet. Stir all ingredients together until blended. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn, cook until golden brown. Makes about 10-12 pancakes.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I am not a breakfast fan at all but those pancakes actually look good to me. I am going to have to try them. Thanks for sharing!

Jan Jones said...

Your pumpkin pancakes sound like dessert. Yum!