Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Today should be interesting...
So here's the situation, the water in our building is being turned off all day today. From 9 am-6 pm. Quite a problem for a person such as myself, who is slightly OCD about washing my hands. Ryan came up with the best possible solution (he's a great problem solver, unlike myself) of filling both of our bathroom sinks with water and then using one sink to wash my hands and the other to rinse. Not bad, eh? The other issue I have right now is a plugged up left ear. I told Ryan a few days ago that my ear was plugged and said to him, "I just hope it doesn't get to the point where I can hear myself talking in my own head." So yesterday, it got to that point. If you've ever been in this situation (mom) you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, just imagine being able to hear yourself in your head talking, walking, brushing your hair, and worst of all for me singing! Not so much fun! However, I am going to get the ear issue fixed today. If nothing else, today will certainly be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had ear canal infections in both ears when we came back from Mexico last year. It was awful, painful, and I'm so glad it's over. I went straight from the airport to the hospital, and then had to have the medications dripped into my ears. They were swollen shut, and it took about 6 weeks for all of the swelling to go away and to be able to hear normally. What was the worst is when someone would be talking to me, and I had no idea. Singing at church was miserable too! The Pharmacia that I went to in Mexico gave me oral antibiotics, that didn't do a thing. I hope you feel better soon I know how awful it can be...it will be over soon :)
Good idea with the sinks and hand washing!
Why'd they turn off your water? It always seems like when those kinds of things happen I realize just how utterly and completely dependent I am on lovely little luxuries like running water and electricity--I HATE it when the electricity goes out even if it is for a short time.
Also, I hope your ear heals up soon.
I have had brief moments when my voice has echoed inside my head, it's so strange. Hope you survived okay with a lack of water.
Post a Comment