Saturday, March 7, 2009
The #1 Question that should NEVER be asked...
I had a woman ask me tonight, (as she rubbed my belly nonetheless!) "Are you expecting?" Who in their right mind asks anyone this, really? Unless you are completely certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is expecting. Take for example someone who is 8 months along. You would probably be safe in asking them such a question. But a person such as myself, who hasn't been pregnant in over a year and doesn't plan on being pregnant anytime soon, not okay! My self-esteem has been shattered and I feel more motivated than I have been previously to lose some weight! So I guess at least this extremely rude question has helped me out to some degree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I canNOT believe that! You do NOT look pregnant!!! Seriously, I'm in shock. I really can't believe somebody asked you that. How rude!!! You know I want to know who it was!
that's awful..you look so good. You should have said yes, but it's not Ryans, and he doesn't know, please don't tell him...you're the first I've told.
Whatever, I've seen your pics. You look darling, but some people like to think everyone is pregnant. Seriously, even when I am like 5months along and someone asks me, I'm thinking, "that's very brave of you." Since I look about like that when I'm not pregnant.
You look beautiful! Some people are so dumb! Don't listen to people who make such stupid comments.
I like Kelly's comment! But
I agree, some people really have a lot of nerve. I got asked that once when I was like 24. And probably thin. (Well, probably not, but thinner compared to now). My boss at the time heard it and made a comment to the lady about her age. So I felt better. :)
wow. my aunt did that to her distant cousin once. she has learned her lesson! you look so cute. dont let some lady make you think otherwise! and addy is the cutest darn little girl ever. i cannot wait for her and tagg to date! :)
You do not look pregnant. Some people are just complete morons, like all the people who ask me if I'm fat.
I usually just say "no...it's my food baby!"
I start out my morning with somewhat of a flat stomach when I suck in really good, but as the day goes on and I keep eating....I look 4-5 months pregnant by dinner if I don't suck in...hence my food baby!
You look great...it just sucks that everyone feels embarassed after that question is asked! But in all seriousness my food belly really looks like I am in no-question pregnant. I will have to take a picture and post it!
i think the appropriate response is "no, are you?" then they will undoubtedly feel awkward.
Judging by your pictures, I think you look good. I, on the other hand am just overweight, so even when I was very pregnant some people didn't know. I guess they thought I had just gained even more weight!
(I made the same mistake once when I was about 20. I vowed I would never make the mistake again.)
I can't believe that! Don't let it get to you! People can just be so rude and say stupid things. You don't NOT look pregnant!
i'm in the same boat as andrea. i meet stoopid peeps all the time. sorry you met one.
Thank you for all your kind comments! I really needed that boost of moral support from all of you. I know I'm not as skinny as I was before I had Addy, but I'm really working on it. I don't eat a lot, but I am a sugar junkie! I've been trying to cut down my portion sizes and not eat as many treats. Hopefully, doing these things will help me to not look like I'm a pregnant lady!
Post a Comment