Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breakfast with Ernie


This one was my personal favorite, such a mischievous/happy look on her face!



Ryan has a little Ernie figurine in his "collection" (AKA geeky Star Wars figurines and other random knick-knacks) on our bedroom dresser. Addy realized it was there a few weeks ago and really likes it. One day while she was eating, we put Ernie on her tray and I pretended he was eating her food and drinking from her cup. I was also taking the wet paper towels that I use to clean off her hands when she's done eating and throwing them over her face, which sounds cruel now that I'm writing it down. However, she found these kind of shenanigans quite hilarious! As you will see from a video that I am planning to post in the near future, this girl loves her Sesame Street!

3 comments:

andrea said...

She's cute and the paper towel game doesn't sound cruel. Z loves Elmo and got excited when she saw his picture at the redbox kiosk.

Kelly said...

I'm glad she likes Ernie...he sings a song on Sesame Street called "I'd like to visit the Moon" and every time I hear it (it has been years) I almost get emotional!! Pathetic, I know, but I love the song! Maybe you should find her some Ernie DVD's...sure the library has some. It's funny how kids find something to like...for Teagan is was the Wiggles...Tanya Mills and I even went to a Wiggles Concert (which was AWESOME..by the way) I'm glad she like Ernie, totally safe, not weird, and he's very loveable...now BERT on the other hand, he's just too OCD.

April Kennedy said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks so much for your ideas! I had forgotten about the baby making game. We did it at my friends shower using play doh! I'm def going to do that one. It is so much fun. And I think I might try to do the matching game that Rebecca commented about. We are playing the "estimated time of delivery"....a little plastic baby is frozen in an ice cube. Each guest gets an ice cube upon arriving (as they walk into the door) and they have to write on the cup their estimated delivery time of when they think their baby will be thawed. It is a fun game and is a great "ice breaker"....hahaha!