Thursday, September 3, 2009

So you think you can get into the audience of SYTYCD?

Photobucket

This story is very heartbreaking and also very, very long. Sorry if it's boring to you, but it must be told. Here's the situation...I have a deep love for So You Think You Can Dance? It is basically my favorite show ever! My friend Kara shares my passion for the show and we got together almost every week this summer to watch the show. About a month into this past season I thought it would be fun if the 2 of us could go and be in the audience. I went online and did a little research. What I found is that you can't actually buy/get tickets for a specific date. You have to be put on a waiting list and are notified via e-mail if/when they have tickets available. I figured we wouldn't get on, but put my name on the waiting list anyway. Fast forward to a couple of months later...We're staying with my family in Las Vegas and I get an e-mail saying that we could get tickets to be on the season finale! I was beyond excited! The only problem being that we would be going to see the show the same day we were flying home from Las Vegas. I called Kara and we decided to go for it! We rushed from the airport to home to Kara's house to the Kodak theatre in L.A. for the taping. We then rushed like mad women (seriously, we were running!) from the parking garage through the shopping area and to where we were supposed to line up. The situation was that they had 4 different one hour time slots, to prevent everyone from being in line at the same time. We were supposed to be in line sometime between 2-3. We got there at about 2:45, so we weren't late. This is where the heartbreak begins...so brace yourself! We're standing in line for around an hour, just standing there with no clue about what's going on. This man FINALLY comes up and tells us that we should go and get something to eat and drink and then come back and get in line around 5 and maybe they would have tickets for us. So Kara and I are both on the verge of starvation, not to mention Kara's about to pee her pants. So we both think about it for a bit and then say, "Okay, let's get out of line and go get some food." That was mistake #1. We then took our time going to the bathroom, eating, etc. That was mistake #2. We went back and got in line around 4:40ish. At this point the line was basically total chaos! We had people in front of us in line that were late for the 3-4 pm line. How much sense does that make? So we keep standing there forever (did I also mention that it was hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk and there was nowhere for us to sit unless we wanted to sit on the nasty, dirty sidewalk?!?!) So they had to keep checking with the box office to see how many tickets they had and we kept inching closer to the front of the line. We would get excited and then sad, total emotional roller coaster! That sounds overly dramatic, but it was true! At this point they also let a group of 4 girls that were standing right behind us in line into the show. Why, you ask? Because they were wearing totally slutty dresses! RUDE! Okay, so for heavens sake, let me end this very long, very sad story by saying that we did not get in. Sadder still was that we ended up being literally 15 people from getting in! Unfreakingbelieveable! Needless to say we were really bummed out. We had driven all this way to be on the season finale of our favorite show and we didn't get to see it live! They did offer us guaranteed tickets to the very last show of the season, which was 2 days later. But we weren't going to drive all that way and arrange for babysitting again. (BTW, Ryan was so kind to watch both of our girls for a few hours so we could go! I have a good man for a husband!) We were able to walk around the Hollywood walk of fame for a bit, but after that headed straight for home. We were completely exhausted and so very disappointed about the whole situation! The only real bright part of the day is that Kara and I got to hang out and talk with each other for a long amount of time! We'll get em' next season Kara!
P.S. You never and I mean never want to see the performers on the Walk of Fame with their masks off. We saw Spiderman maskless and it was quite the scary sight!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Is this not the most precious thing? Shirley Temple's little hand and feet prints! I love it!

Photobucket
I'm supposed to be giving a thumbs down and looking sad. The sad part didn't quite work out, even though I was!

2 comments:

mills said...

I want to cry for you! huge bummer

jocelyn said...

this is quite the depressing story. i'm sad for you that it didn't work out. ps- shirley temple's hand/footprints are adorable.