Sunday, November 1, 2009

More Birthday Stuff


I wanted to post some more pictures of Addy's birthday celebration. It was a lot of fun to plan/execute. Somewhat stressful, but really fun. My problem is that I always tell myself that I'm going to keep things simple and then I don't do it! Why should I get stressed out planning a birthday party for a 2 year old, I don't know? Anyhow, here are A LOT of pictures to show more of the details from Addy's big day...

Photobucket
Here's daddy measuring how tall she is on the morning of her birthday

Photobucket
Once the guests arrived Addy went from excited to shy. She sat in Ryan's lap for quite awhile before she finally decided to play with her friends.

Photobucket
The birthday wall

Photobucket
The food that the girls ate

Photobucket
The food that the adults ate

Photobucket
The girls playing before we ate (thanks for these pics. Christina!)

Photobucket
I thought this was a funny picture of Addy and Isabelle

Photobucket

The guests...
Photobucket
Little Miss Hallie, doesn't she look so cute in her polka-dotted dress?

Photobucket
And Isabelle looking pretty in pink

Photobucket
The little ladies enjoying some tea. I might add that Ryan's mom made the beautiful quilt that they are sitting on

Photobucket
The girls looking totally enthralled by my story telling skills (or not!)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
If you were wondering what the dads were doing the whole time, mostly this. Hanging out inside and doing some manly bonding, watching a game

Photobucket
Addy did not enjoy having "Happy Birthday to You" sung to her. She does not like being the center of attention!

Photobucket
She gets embarrassed...

Photobucket
and then proceeds to hide from everyone. I love that all you can see in this picture is a little bit of her shoe and her head!

Photobucket
But then she realized she got to eat the cupcake with the candles in it and all was well!

Photobucket
She chowed down...

Photobucket
and ended up with chocolate on her face, hands and dress!

Photobucket
Hallie enjoying a cupcake with a very ladylike posture. It was my first time making mini cupcakes and I wish I would have gotten a picture. They were cute little things!

THE END

6 comments:

i said...

ADORABLE. I loved seeing the little happy girls. Happy day!

Kelly said...

SOOO cute!! Addy is so adorable, I can't wait to see her again!

Karissa said...

It cracks me up that she gets shy! What a cutie!

Hey, what's your email address? Email me at KarissaBagley at gmail dot com.

jocelyn said...

her getting embarrassed is really cute. i love the picture of her hiding behind the ottoman.

Kara said...

Two things I need to teach my daughter. 1) How to sip tea from a teacup and 2) How to cross her legs! haha.
The pictures are adorable. You'll have to send me some pretty please.

Mills said...

wow she is so dang cute, pretty little princess!