Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May recap

Seeing as how I've been the world's laziest blogger lately, I thought I'd try to catch up by posting some fun stuff we did this month. It's been an eventful one to be sure, including celebrating Ryan's birthday and Mother's Day. We also had a very nice trip to Las Vegas and then to Utah. Addy got to meet her Great Grandma Davis and her Great Grandpa Jones for the first time ever! Sadly, I accidentally left my camera at home. I was very bummed about it! Nonetheless, here are some pictures to document the fun that was had...

Photobucket
Kara was kind enough to invite us to go to the Children's Museum with her and Hallie. We had a great time! Thanks Kara!

Photobucket
Loved the chalk wall

Photobucket
and of course, doing a little people watching

Photobucket
and Addy's favorite thing ever, painting! I think she would have done this the whole time, if I let her

Photobucket


Photobucket
very into the coloring

Photobucket
We hung out at our favorite park with Addy's good buddy, Isabelle

Photobucket
Mother's Day

Photobucket
A bit blurry, but I love it!

Photobucket
Ryan made me the most delightful Mother's Day feast! Sloppy Joe's, (or Sloppy Jones' as Ryan calls them, they are a Jones family tradition) funeral potatoes, fruit salad and made from scratch raspberry limemade. So delicious!

Photobucket
Ryan opening his birthday presents with Addy's "help"

Photobucket
We ate at Roadhouse Grill for Ryan's birthday and Addy was getting quite bored while we waited

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ryan took the front railing off of Addy's crib, so she is now sleeping in a makeshift big girl crib bed

Photobucket
Totally random, but this is a freak of nature grape that was in our last batch of grapes. It looks more like a mini pumpkin to me.
Photobucket
We made these pretty babies the other night to eat while watching the last episode of LOST. (Any other LOST fans out there?) Soft pretzels have got to be one of my favorite things ever! Here's the link to the recipe, if anyone is interested. My only problem with them was that the egg wash was a little too eggy for me, other than that D-licious! Ryan was the official roller and pretzel shaper and he made them look so delectable!

Photobucket
Yesterday I was shocked when Addy said, "Mom I need to go poop." We rushed into the bathroom and lo and behold she actually pooped on the potty. This was her first time doing anything other than just sit on that potty seat. I don't know who was more excited, her or me!

10 comments:

jocelyn said...

that grape does bear a striking resemblance to a mini pumpkin. it's uncanny. yay for addy and the potty! i am glad to see bear and bunny accompanied her.

Gma Mills said...

A fun post...Addy looks like she is having such fun painting! Sounds like a fun museum. Your "Lost" night looks like fun - delicious looking pretzels!

the mrazek family said...

Okay, Addy is the CUTEST THING EVER! I love her hair, her smiles, her stares, her artwork.... I really miss her. And those pretzels do look good!

Kara said...

Thanks for not blowing up that picture of me and the girls :) I'm glad you could come with us. It was good seeing you again today too, even if it was for a short time! Good luck with the potty training. I thought it was way easier than most people make it out to be (but I also think it was because I did it when Hallie was ready, not when I was ready!)

Chuck and Erin said...

Just had "sloppy jones" on Monday. One of the best things ever! I try a lot of new recipes, but will never find a better sloppy joe recipe than that.

Jan Jones said...

You really did have a fun, busy month! Such cute pictures of all of you--esp. Addy!

Christina said...

So many great pics! I love the one of Addy in her new "bed" and on the toilet. She is growing up! Hope you guys are all feeling better.Let's get together sometime next week.

Kierst said...

Yay for pooping in the potty!

Kelly said...

Addy is so beautiful! I love how she is learning to pose (the bed picture). What a fun month...and I think I will be making those pretzels! Loved the post and the pics...and that adorable little pooping Addy!

andrea said...

Sitting on the potty is exciting because #2 is usually the hardest part for most kids.