Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We had a great all day Father's Day celebration this year. I can't think of a father that is more deserving of a special day than my sweet husband. I think Ryan's favorite part was the fact that he got out of going to the last 2 hours of church. Addy had a pretty nasty cold and we didn't want to send her to nursery with it, so he took advantage of that and took her home. For dinner, we had one of Ryan's favorites, roast beef au jus sandwiches. After dinner we headed to Lake Murray, which is just a few minutes from our house. Addy had a great time getting as dirty as possible. We then came home and talked to our own Dad's on the phone, Ryan opened presents and we had ice cream. Addy doesn't really get the whole Father's Day thing yet and kept saying, "Happy Birthday" as I was wrapping presents for Ryan. I think she thought since he was opening presents and we were having ice cream that is was a birthday party, which makes sense. Whether she gets the concept of Father's Day or not, one thing is for sure she loves her daddy more than anyone!
P.S. My present to Ryan this year was getting all of his dress shirts and some of his dress pants dry cleaned and pressed. He loved it and I thought it was an excellent idea. And in case anyone was thinking "Wow that Melissa is a creative genius!" I didn't come up with this idea. I found it on this website.

Doing this with the mud...
Photobucket


Makes for one dirty mug, not to mention...
Photobucket

some dirty hands and of course, one dirty
Photobucket

BUM! (looks like she pooped her pants, but luckily that's not the case!)
Photobucket

This little lady is a serious lover of dirt, sand and mud!
Photobucket

I love this one of Addy and her Daddy together! Walking with a little extra pep in her step!
Photobucket

3 comments:

the mrazek family said...

What? He's not sportin' the duct tape anymore?

Totally adorable post. It "takes" the cake. (Please tell me why I hvae to always use my word verification in my comments on your posts? Ugh, I'm annoying.

Kierst said...

First of all, I do think that you are a creative genius. And secondly, London has that exact same outfit.

jocelyn said...

that is a really good idea for a father's day gift. i'll have to copy it in the future. i just got brady a dumb old bbq. not creative at all.