This afternoon Cohen woke up from a nap, and since he was in his usual happy mood, I took some video of him smiling and laughing on my lap. He's such a great kid and it was fun to have this moment with him. I thought I'd upload it to Melissa's blog in honor of my Dad. One of my earliest memories was a moment like this (I wasn't quite as young as Cohen though). I was around 5, and my Dad and I were playing on the floor of our house in Hacienda Heights (in 1985). I think we were playing Airplane and I kept asking him "When's my birthday?!" And each time he'd tell me when it was I'd jokingly say "No it's not!" I love my Dad a lot; we're both Hams, but in different ways (I like telling jokes and he likes telling stories), so it naturally took a long time to appreciate his influence and presence in my life. The older I get the more I realize what a great man he is, and that realization has increased even more so since I've become a busy Dad. I constantly find myself struggling with balancing work, church, and family, and it makes me appreciate how well my Dad did at balancing the same things when I was a kid. You're the best, Dad. Thanks for everything.
Ryan
P.S. for those of you wondering what movie is playing on the TV [probably Juli and Jocelyn], it's Big Fish. A great Father's Day movie, especially if your Dad likes to tell stories like mine does)
well just so you know i did want to know what was on tv (what does that say about juli and me?), so thanks for telling me. love the video. nothing better than a baby giggling (well, maybe a three-year-old dancing to proud mary).
5 comments:
Nice words Ryan. Dad really enjoyed. The video says "private video" when we try to view though.
Oh we finally could see it! The cutesy video of a delicious baby! Just makes you want to kiss him! Thanks so much for the post!
Great tribute to your dad. Loved seeing and hearing baby Cohen!Thanks for sharing. I'm with Gma Mills--he's delicious!
well just so you know i did want to know what was on tv (what does that say about juli and me?), so thanks for telling me. love the video. nothing better than a baby giggling (well, maybe a three-year-old dancing to proud mary).
Haha! Jocelyn, it just means we're awesome! Although, I do think it's time to introduce Addy to
Full House. She's totally get Michelle.
Love this video. Had fun watching!
Post a Comment