
This Saturday Ryan and I (okay, mostly me!) were bored out of our ever lovin' minds! So one would logically think we would go see a movie, go get ice cream, or our usual weekend activity of going to Target, but we chose none of the above. Instead we somehow came up with the idea to make our own Play-doh. (once again, mostly me!) Yes, we are about to be parents, no we're not 3 year olds, but we thought it sounded like fun to play with Play-doh and the other perk for us is that it's free! Ryan decided to make green and I decided to make purple, which as you can see from the picture turned out as

more of a gross greyish color. In addition to making play-doh we also watched the breastfeeding video that I got from WIC. Which after viewing makes me feel like I need to go get breast implants, because all of the mothers on there had pretty much the hugest boobs ever! Ryan felt quite sad about watching it, but was a good sport nonetheless. So in a nutshell our night consisted of playing with Play-doh and watching large breasted women show us how to feed a baby. I know you're all turning green with envy, because you're jealous of our night of fun!
9 comments:
I hate the WIC breastfeeding video with the watermelon boob ladies! I mean, it was good info or whatever but TMI. We always have gray playdoh instead of purple as well. We used Kool Aid to dye it once and the kids tried to eat it. Our hands smelled a lot nicer when we were finished though.
That's a funny post. Playdough is fun, but watching other ladies perfect boobs not so much! Only 9 days left, yipee!
Just another quick post...I was showing Justin your "blog" and we watched Ryan falling at Alston Park over and over, about 10 times. We're both crying we're laughing so hard. It still doesn't get old. From Carla calling him a wimp, Tristan giving him a hard push, to Mom's gasp at the end. It just never gets old. Any one who's reading this, just watch it again, and again.
Kara, the thing about the video is these ladies do not have perfect boobs, they're just gigantic and somewhat scary is all!
Unfortunately, the WIC video is probably nothing like reality. Those ladies probably all looked happy to be breastfeeding. I bet none of those mothers were showing you their raw nipples and I bet none of them were showing you the bite marks left on their sick looking boobs by their seven month old who is teething. I've got one thing to say here, that is "Snackers???" And is it just me or does Ryan look like Hannibal Lecter in that picture? Why does he have play-doh on his face?
And a word of advise from Marika that she gave at a baby shower I went to, "Just get a towel and rub it REALLY hard on your nipples before you give birth!" Hearing her say that made me want to throw up, so I thought I'd share the love.
FYI Jess they did show a lady putting a cold ice pack on her breasts after breast feeding, but they did not show any raw nipples or anything of that nature. Although Ryan always jokes that our baby is going to have teeth and speak in a Scottish accent saying things like "Mommy, I want milk, rawrrr..." I know weird, but also pretty funny!
Aw, thanks for the compliments! I love reading what you have to say on here... it's too funny. I think your playdoh making is a great idea... you're just getting ready for all the kiddie crafts to come. Way to go guys!
Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck on the birth. I am so happy for you. Babies are the best!!
Post a Comment