Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Addy's Alligator is MIA!
I have mentioned Addy's little stuffed alligator on the blog before. It's been her favorite friend since she was a little baby. She sucks on it's tail and her pointer finger to comfort her and to help her go to sleep. Yesterday I was outside with her, cleaning our windows. She brought the alligator outside with her, because she pretty much brings him everywhere she goes. She set him down a couple of different times outside and (I thought!) I picked him up both times. Apparently I was sadly mistaken! That was the last time I remember seeing him. Before she went to bed last night we went looking for him, which we often do because she drags him all over the house. Usually she just sets him on the floor, but last night he was nowhere to be found. Ryan and I turned our house upside down looking for her alligator and looked all over our yard area outside the apartment also. Still, nowhere to be found! We didn't know what to do, so we just gave her a little teddy bear to hold and put her to bed. She was fine with that for about 2 minutes. Then I think she realized that she wasn't holding her alligator and started crying her head off for about 15 minutes before she feel asleep. I went to our apartment office this morning to ask if any of the maintenance people had picked it up, but they didn't have it in their lost and found. Ryan and I are thinking that the only other possibility is that one of the annoying kids that are always playing in front of our house picked it up and took it. You better believe that when I see those kids today they'll be getting the third degree! We must get alligator back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yes, it isn't until you have kids that you realize how extremely important things like stuffed animals and blankets -- and as they get older, various little trinkets and sticks and what not are. Good luck finding alligator. I once read that you should keep two of their favorite blanky or alligator in case they lose one, but come on, by the time they decide it is their favorite you can no longer buy the same thing. Besides, I think they wouldn't be fooled -- they'd recognize that the new one wasn't all tattered and dirty like their lost and loved one.
ohhh, poor addy. that's sad. imagine if you lost your blankie (even still to this day), you would be crushed. i hope you find it!
since I finally admitted to blog stalking you on facebook I guess I can comment now, ha, ha! That is so sad about her alligator. Isn't it crazy how attached kids get to things. My kids are all attached to their little blankets. Kids do rebound quickly so I bet if you do find the alligator there is a good chance she might have already forgotten about it.
Lake Murray is off the 8 and Lake Murray Blvd (I think it's blvd). You would go west on the 8.
We'll definitely need to set up a day to go together. It really is a fun place to go. I can't believe Addy still takes more than one nap. Lucky!
Kara, oh how I wish that she still did take more than one nap! I don't know if she'll even be taking one nap at all, now that her alligator is AWOL. She used to nap early in the morning and I've now moved her nap to later, in the afternoon. We tried to buy her some stuffed horse yesterday to take the place of alligator and it didn't work. For now we're going with a little Easter bunny that she uses in the car a lot. Hopefully that works.
Post a Comment