I'm a little late in posting this, but I consider it one of the most exciting things ever! On May 24, 2009 Ryan graduated from SDSU! My parents, Ryan's parents, Ryan's Aunt Patti and Uncle Scott and my older sister and her daughter were all able to come here for graduation weekend. My family got here on Saturday and so we got to do some fun stuff with them that day. On Sunday Ryan's parents, Aunt and Uncle arrived a little while before the graduation ceremony began. My sister and niece were kind enough to stay at our apartment with Addy, because the ceremony was during her naptime. I also figured that a 19 month old and a 3 hour long ceremony don't mix so well. Once we arrived at the stadium at SDSU I became so excited about the whole thing. All the work and sacrifice that Ryan had put into these past 2 years was finally paying off! I was so happy for him! I got a little teary eyed when his graduate adviser hooded him. I got even more teary eyed when they called his name and he walked across the stage. After he walked across he was supposed to go back to his seat for the rest of the undergrads (which there were a ton of!) to be called. I was video taping the whole thing and I watched him walk down from the stage and then just keep on going. He walked all the way around the stadium and headed for the nearest exit! I think we were all grateful that he decided to leave early and we didn't have to sit there for another hour waiting for the rest of the names to be called. After the ceremony we took lots of pictures and then we came back to our place for food. It was such a fun little celebration and I was so glad that our families were able to be here with us. They have been our main source of support for these last 2 years and we couldn't have made it through grad. school without them! I love Ryan with all my heart and am so proud of him for getting his master's degree!

Ryan, making one of his many faces
Ryan, making one of his many faces
My sister took this picture of Addy and I love it! It's so hard to catch her with an actual smile and I'm glad we got one!



9 comments:
Congrats Ryan!!!
Hooray for graduations!! Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. I can't wait for Brad's!
Oh Congrats!!! That's soooo exciting! Addy is adorable. Are you going to Ginas wedding?
That's awesome. Congrats Ryan! Great pictures too, of everyone. I love the one of Addy smiling on the couch. Tha wall decor was awesome!!!
Are you guys all done with school now? What did he get his masters in? Addy looks adorable in her pics.
Andrea, we are all done. Who knows what we'll be doing next. Ryan has been doing lots of job searching and we're hoping to stay on the west coast. His degree is in business psychology.
Congrats to you both!!Love the pictures! Loved spending time with you
!
Thanks for letting us be there to help celebrate Ryan's graduation. Addy's smiling picture is darling. Miss you all!!
yay ryan! i love the wall hanging you made. i want to copy you and do one as well, but it seems hard.
Post a Comment