Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Maybe I'm just a cheapskate!

There are some things I enjoy about reading Design Mom. Mostly the fact that she does really great giveaways! Then there are other things about her blog that drive me crazy! The main thing being that I feel that next to none of the companies that she plugs in her posts are affordable. I mean maybe I'm just being a tightwad, but I REALLY can't afford to buy my daughter a $30 shirt that she's just going to grow out of and/or stain in a months time. My wish is that some of these ladies with large readerships (i.e. Design Mom) would try harder to endorse companies with things that are in a price range that a poor person, such as myself can afford. Can I get an amen?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen Amen Amen. You are not the only one who feels this way. This actually came up when I was with a bunch of friends a month ago who mostly all blog.

Kelly said...

Amen, even though I don't read any of those types of blogs. But, Amen.

andrea said...

AMEN! Drives me crazy when a show tells you to cut back and save money, and then the fashion segment tells you an outfit is "everyday affordable" with a dress at $150 and shoes for $100. All I can think is, "Not in my universe."