Friday, October 9, 2009

When fall comes to town...

I feel like cooking and especially baking, ALL THE TIME! Can anyone else relate to this? For instance, this morning I just up and decided that I would make some chocolate chip pancakes. Not from scratch or anything fancy like that, but even Bisquick pancakes are fancy for breakfast in my book. The fanciest I usually get with things in the morning is some oatmeal. So like I was saying, this time of year I go into baking/cooking mode. Since I've been baking up a storm lately, I though I'd share some good stuff we've had. First off, I made some delicious and easy cookies and cream cheescakes. You can click here for that recipe. Another delightful treat that we had recently were s'more cookies. S'mores are heaven on earth for me, so I loved them a whole bunch! Here's the recipe for those. They were also easy and really, really good! For dinner a couple of weeks ago, I made this orange chicken in the crockpot. I have to admit this one was a lot of work. Not to mention I had to cut raw chicken into pieces, which is on my list of least favorite things to do in life. The good part was that it was totally worth it in the end because of how good this recipe is! Ryan also took spaghetti noodles, cut up peppers, some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce and threw them together and we ate those as part of the dinner. I loved it! So as not to make breakfast feel left out, you should try this recipe for pumpkin pancakes sometime soon. I'm not a huge pancake fan, but these are seriously good. And most especially if you decide to put some Cool Whip on top. It tastes a little like pumpkin pie, really great! On a side note I have seriously thought about starting another blog entirely devoted to cooking/baking, but then I remember that I can't even keep up with this blog, so I probably shouldn't be starting another one. Maybe someday I'll change my mind!

Photobucket
These are the cookies and cream cheescakes, they were equally good with or without the raspberries.


Photobucket

And here are the delicious s'more cookies! I know that these pictures aren't so great, because of the plastic wrap. I took both desserts to Relief Society things that I went to and forgot to take pictures until after I'd already wrapped them.

5 comments:

jocelyn said...

yum. mail me some of all of it (except the chicken). i'm very much in the baking mood lately. you should try those marble cheesecake brownies i made off of smitten kitchen. they are easy and delish.

Mary said...

I think they look great! Thanks for the late night feast for my eyes.

Kelly said...

You need to live in Napa. period.

Teisha said...

You always make the best stuff! Whenever it gets colder out I always want to be baking. Wish I liked the cooking part as much as the sweet baking.

The Incredibles said...

OMG! That looks soooooO DELICIOUS!